Friday, June 19, 2009

SURGERY - PART 7 - Otto

The nurses were also quite funny, without meaning to be. Random small talk between two African nurses with very strong accents:

“Hello, how are you?”
“Good”
“What is your name?”
“Otto”
“Otto what?”
“Otto Bum”
“That is a very nice name.”
“Thank you”

HAHA. I was laughing so much trying not to make a noise.

There was another nurse who had a voice like a scratch on a blackboard. It could literally crack glass. It was so rough and screechy that I was wondering if she was faking it. I attempted to record it one time, while making extra conversation with her to get a nice long recording. Unfortunately the recorder on my phone is too crap you couldn’t really hear her much.

She called me “Nurish”. I called her PleaseShutTheFuckUp (in my head anyway). I don’t know if she was married but if she was, I reckon the husband could actually use her voice as grounds for divorce.

Here is me imitating her voice.



I'm not even exaggerating. It really was like that.

Into the 4th week now and a procedure where they put a camera into my stoma to try and find a cause for my bloating and vomiting found there was severe narrowing in my intestine. They said I’d need further surgery if it didn’t improve by itself, which it sometimes does. I then asked to be discharged cos there was nothing more they could do really. Bit of a risk as I was very unwell still, but I had really had enough of everything by this stage. The nurses even urged me to stay a few more days. But I was adamant I wanted to go home, as I could have been there weeks more just to wait to see if the narrowing improves.

I came home and didn’t have the strength to use the stairs the first 2 days or so. But I saw quick improvements in my health afterwards, with the narrowing opening up after about 2 weeks. I’m pretty much fully recovered now and put back all my lost weight, and some more.

I should have been back home a week after surgery, but took just over 4 weeks. I have the 2nd stage of the operation early next year. Really looking forward to that (!).

The End.

2 comments:

  1. ok this comment is to what i have read so far.

    1. you cant go around revealing names of ppl who are in hospital - confidentiality and all that.
    2. your a fuckin peado taking pics of the nursery play area
    3. they shouldnt have anursery there next to high rise buildings incase of peados.
    4. a really good read actually. made me giggle but also made me think about the reality and importance of health. your a trooper neo. andso are all those people who go though so much shit. sorry no pun intended.
    5. we are going to be old one day so respect your elders as what goes around comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come now, I am sure here voice was not that bad Nourish.

    ReplyDelete